Baconcraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Baconcraft

This server is a server for minecraft. Not done!

2 posters

Guilds = Classes?

Joeyst3
    Joeyst3
    Admin

Guilds = Classes? Empty Guilds = Classes?

Post  Joeyst3 Wed May 30, 2012 4:40 pm

So far, guilds make up a ton of our server. The problem with this is, that every town needs to have a member of the ______ guild in order to do certain things. This means people in the same guild will be fighting each other, when they are supposed to be allies. Because being in a guild is pretty much a class, I decided to drop the expected "team-work" aspect of guilds, assuming you agree with me.

Classes.

Warrior Class
    Merchant Class
    Builder Class
    Forger Class

etc etc.

This allows characters to offer their services to a region/nation instead of "who's region can I join?". People will request extra warriors to bring up their city guard limit, or extra merchants to expand the store. This creates a DEMAND for people who need a home to participate in the server.

Like before, you have a certain ontime before you can become a class, and you can switch at any time. Classes still have ranks, but if you return to a class you already progressed in, you should be able to restart at the rank you were.
    Joeyst3
    Joeyst3
    Admin

Guilds = Classes? Empty Re: Guilds = Classes?

Post  Joeyst3 Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm

(Word limit almost got me)

Switching classes could not be abused because when you switch classes, every bonus you got via being a class is switched to the new one, and it would cost a large amount of money to switch classes in the first place. To avoid a HUGE workload for admins, you can only change class once a week.

We will have an admin assigned to managing ranks and bonuses, just like we have an admin assigned to creating the regions and managing them, and whatever other plugins we decide to add later on.

Joeyst3
    Joeyst3
    Admin

Post  Joeyst3 Wed May 30, 2012 6:08 pm

Bump
    Echoimpact
    Echoimpact

Post  Echoimpact Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:56 pm

All this is, is changing what guilds would be called. I prefer the wording of guilds personally.
    Joeyst3
    Joeyst3
    Admin

Post  Joeyst3 Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:50 am

Guilds assume that they are a group, when the basis of the server is to war against each other.
    Echoimpact
    Echoimpact

Post  Echoimpact Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Classes makes me think of an mmo, minecraft (even with mcmmo) is not an mmo where you chose a class. Although thats what we're pretty much turning it into, I don't want to name them classes. If you can find a better name, I'll accept it, but until then, Guilds.
    Joeyst3
    Joeyst3
    Admin

Post  Joeyst3 Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:05 pm

Career -I like this one :3
    Job
    Trade
    Occupation
    Style
    Archetype
    Role
    Skill
    Specialty

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content