Baconcraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Baconcraft

This server is a server for minecraft. Not done!

3 posters

Things to Know Before You Apply

Joeyst3
    Joeyst3
    Admin

Things to Know Before You Apply Empty Things to Know Before You Apply

Post  Joeyst3 Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:27 pm

There are a few things you should know before you apply to become a mod for this server. We don't mind hiring people we think will do a good job, but that doesn't mean we hire everyone. Here are a few things to consider/know before you apply.

1. Do you have the time?

Depending on the timezone, I would expect around 3 hours a day ontime. I understand that sometimes you can't get on minecraft because of real life reasons, and I won't hold that against you. If it becomes evident that you are spending a lot of time off the server without telling me beforehand, I might consider freeing up the spot for another, more active player.

2. Why do you want to be a mod?

Stop reading for a second and ask yourself this question. Do you want to help new players? Do you want to catch rule breakers? Great! Do you want to boss players around? Do you want to have compass for building/raiding? Not so great! It becomes clear really quickly what people want from becoming staff. If I see that you don't want to help the server, you won't have the cool mod stuff for very long.

3. Can you control yourself?

This is a major problem I see with staff. They can be perfect at helping players and catching baddies, but when that one player comes along and pisses you off, how will you act? Can you control yourself enough to not yell at other players, or use your powers against them? Drama and Demotion do start with the same letter, you know.

4. Can you help the server without mod powers?

If you want to suggest a major change, or help new players, you don't exactly need mod powers. I listen to suggestions posted here, no matter who posts them. New players usually just want help with commands or getting started. They don't need a mod to help with a broken rule or regions. Try helping them out without being part of the staff.

I'm not going to accept every application. Sometimes people are just not cut out for the ideal staff team this server needs. Feel free to update your application at any time, but don't pester us in-game about it. Please.
    Echoimpact
    Echoimpact

Things to Know Before You Apply Empty Re: Things to Know Before You Apply

Post  Echoimpact Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 am

Joeyst3 wrote:There are a few things you should know before you apply to become a mod for this server. We don't mind hiring people we think will do a good job, but that doesn't mean we hire everyone. Here are a few things to consider/know before you apply.

1. Do you have the time?

Depending on the timezone, I would expect around 3 hours a day ontime. I understand that sometimes you can't get on minecraft because of real life reasons, and I won't hold that against you. If it becomes evident that you are spending a lot of time off the server without telling me beforehand, I might consider freeing up the spot for another, more active player.

2. Why do you want to be a mod?

Stop reading for a second and ask yourself this question. Do you want to help new players? Do you want to catch rule breakers? Great! Do you want to boss players around? Do you want to have compass for building/raiding? Not so great! It becomes clear really quickly what people want from becoming staff. If I see that you don't want to help the server, you won't have the cool mod stuff for very long.

3. Can you control yourself?

This is a major problem I see with staff. They can be perfect at helping players and catching baddies, but when that one player comes along and pisses you off, how will you act? Can you control yourself enough to not yell at other players, or use your powers against them? Drama and Demotion do start with the same letter, you know.

4. Can you help the server without mod powers?

If you want to suggest a major change, or help new players, you don't exactly need mod powers. I listen to suggestions posted here, no matter who posts them. New players usually just want help with commands or getting started. They don't need a mod to help with a broken rule or regions. Try helping them out without being part of the staff.

I'm not going to accept every application. Sometimes people are just not cut out for the ideal staff team this server needs. Feel free to update your application at any time, but don't pester us in-game about it. Please.

I can has OP?
    tacoman5014
    tacoman5014

Post  tacoman5014 Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:04 pm

I read all of this because I am a future Admin so all of these rules apply to me. I have been reading all of your admin and mod rules and I agree with all of them. Looks like this server will be awesome! After all it is run by awesome people anyways Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:36 am