Baconcraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Baconcraft

This server is a server for minecraft. Not done!

2 posters

Staff rules

Echoimpact
    Echoimpact

Staff rules Empty Staff rules

Post  Echoimpact Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Admins

1. No raiding.
    2. Pvp is only allowed IF you give the stuff back to the person, and they agree to pvp before hand.
    3. All punishments MUST be logged in the forums.
    4. No being rude towards players.
    5. No world editing things in for people.
    6. If you spawn items for yourself, do NOT let them get into the hands of normal players, unless it is an event, in which case, read event rules.
    7. No randomly teleporting to players, you must have a reason to teleport.
    8. No using admin powers to help OR hinder a players game.
    9. Do not edit spawn in any way without permission.
    10. Only use the enchantment mod, if you destroy the item after you use it.

Moderators

1. No raiding.
    2. All punishments must be logged in the forums.
    3. No being rude towards players.
    4. No randomly teleporting to players, you must have a reason to teleport.
    5. No abusing godmode or flight for raiding, or walking around. You may only use these for mod duties.
    6. Do not take co-ordinates of players that you obtain through your mod duties.
    7. Do not spam with commands such as /slap or /rocket which say when you use them in chat.

Punishments

Any admin caught breaking a rule will be demoted instantly, and will receive a 12 hour bann for their first offence. Admins may apply for a mod status after their bann, but we have the right to turn them down. Once an admin has been demoted it will take a very extreme circumstance for them to get re-promoted again, and will probably not happen.
    For extreme examples of admins breaking rules, such as griefing with world edit, or giving OP items to players, the admin will be demoted, muted, jailed, shocked, slapped, rocketed, and banned for 7 days, after which they can apply to be unbanned, where they will start as a new player and have no permissions that a normal player doesn't have.

Any moderator caught breaking the rules, will be demoted instantly, and receive a 6 hour bann for their first offence. Mods may apply for their status to be revived, but we have the right to say no.
    For extreme examples of moderators breaking these rules, such as mass banning, or using god mode to raid someone, the mod will be banned for 48 hours, and lose their mod status forever, with no chance of becoming a mod again.

Admins and mods only get one chance before they get demoted.

To report a moderator or admin breaking these rules, screen shot them breaking the rule, and post it on the forums under "reports"
    Joeyst3
    Joeyst3
    Admin

Staff rules Empty Re: Staff rules

Post  Joeyst3 Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:48 am

Mods shouldn't get flight. Doesn't server a good enough purpose for mod duty that cant be done via compass. They should also be able to raid, without the use of any mod powers. God mode, i'm fine with.

I believe smaller rules should not be grounds for demotion, first offence or not. Admins that abuse OP or other admin only perms should be demoted down the chain IF they continue to cause problems after their first offence, even if it's a different rule. This means if they get demoted from admin because they have proven that they cannot handle admin powers, they will still get mod, depending on the issue/attitude towards being demoted.

A rule I suggest for staff: If you get pissed off at a player, or you are in a bad mood, leave the game to cool down. Nothing good can come from a player trolling an admin enough to piss them off to abuse.

I don't mind re-promoting ex-admins if they have an attitude switch or something that would fix the problem.

Last thing, staff should not get banned for breaking admin rules. Demotion is enough, because if they get pissed off they are automatically breaking other rules that add up to a ban, but if they take it fine, why ban them?
    Echoimpact
    Echoimpact

Post  Echoimpact Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Joeyst3 wrote:Mods shouldn't get flight. Doesn't server a good enough purpose for mod duty that cant be done via compass. They should also be able to raid, without the use of any mod powers. God mode, i'm fine with.

I believe smaller rules should not be grounds for demotion, first offence or not. Admins that abuse OP or other admin only perms should be demoted down the chain IF they continue to cause problems after their first offence, even if it's a different rule. This means if they get demoted from admin because they have proven that they cannot handle admin powers, they will still get mod, depending on the issue/attitude towards being demoted.

A rule I suggest for staff: If you get pissed off at a player, or you are in a bad mood, leave the game to cool down. Nothing good can come from a player trolling an admin enough to piss them off to abuse.

I don't mind re-promoting ex-admins if they have an attitude switch or something that would fix the problem.

Last thing, staff should not get banned for breaking admin rules. Demotion is enough, because if they get pissed off they are automatically breaking other rules that add up to a ban, but if they take it fine, why ban them?

I stated that mods can raid if they gained the cords through legit means.

Flight is very helpfull for things like islands so high in the sky that you would have to build a tower to get close enough to compass to. There's no reason to not give them it, because if they abuse any of their powers they get demoted.

I say a bann, because a normal player would be punished for something like raging, and griefing someones house. If an admin were to do this with world edit, it would be alot worse than a normal player without it. Greater breaking of the rules, and they don't get banned? Seems a little unfair to me. I like the idea of them getting a temp bann to cool off.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 am